2008-09-17

Error: this task sequence cannot be run because the program files for 0010000a cannot be located on a distribution point.

When deply OS through CD, the client pc was able to boot from CD and start Winpe, but then got error message as below:
Found 0 DPs in subnet, 0 DPs in local site, and 0 DPs in remote location.
this task sequence cannot be run because the program files for 0010000a cannot be located on a distribution point.
In my case, 0010000a refers to the OS image "Microsoft windows xp service pack 2". I noticed it has not been applied to any distribution point.
After I updated it to new distribution point and retry, the problem still there.

After searched the web,found this post:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31534866/system-center-configurati.aspx

The answer: you have to specify a Network Access Account.

It reminded me that my OS image file was saved on another machine . I then logged on to that computer and added the SCCM server's computer account to it's local administrator group.
Retry the winpe and problem gone.

1 comment:

Supermark said...

just ran into the same error when trying to image a machine in a new site using a new DP. our issue wasn't with the network access account, as an existing site was able to image just fine. turns out in my case, it was a matter of configuring the boundaries for the new site with the protected DP!